Thursday, December 12, 2013

30 Day D&D Challenge [Day 7]: My Favorite Edition

I cut my teeth on 3.5 and I know it the best. I've played 2nd Edition and found it lacking in certain respects, and don't even get me started on 4th edition. Okay, actually, the truth is I think 4th probably has its merits, but I won't be playing it any time soon, at least not seriously.

The fact is, I bought all these books for 3.5...I don't want to buy them all over again for 4th. And if I played it I'd have to buy the materials. Yeah, no, no thank you, 3.5 is good for me. It's not broken, it doesn't need fixing. And if it does we house rule.

Then again I presently have a group of players that are ridiculously good at breaking the game (Josh and Michael I am looking at you).

Usually trying something new is a good way to trip them up so they can't do that for at least three sessions, although Josh managed to break Mutants and Masterminds after 2 hours of having the book.

I've veered off topic. Honestly, though, this isn't something I have a whole lot to say about. I like 3.5, it's the edition I know and love, I can DM it decently, so that's my answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment