Saturday, December 7, 2013

30 Day D&D Challenge [Day 2]: My Favorite Playable Race

If I'm being totally honest, there will always be a soft spot in my heart for Fire Genasi. I was a bit of a pyro before I started playing D&D, and chances are I will be even if I ever quit (though roleplay, like writing, is about as necessary for me as breathing and sleeping so I will probably never stop). The Fire Genasi has always been just totally cool to me.

The rub with that is, as much as I love Fire Genasi, I've never had a DM that would let me play one.

However, I also really love Tieflings. I still think it was incredibly stupid to make them a core race in 4th Edition, but I'm not going to get myself started on that rant right now. Let me focus, instead, on how cool these bastards are.

When I rolled my first tiefling, it was because I was trying to translate my first World of Warcraft character into D&D terms and it was the only thing I could find that would let me keep the horns and skin color. So there enters Lyaera, Tiefling Sorceress, who I always still see in my head as a draenei at first.

Back to Tieflings in general, though.

They have demonic blood. They're resistant to fire and electricity.They are, by their very nature, roguey and full of angst and I have a thing for that. Also, they have horns. I like that more than I should.


No comments:

Post a Comment