Tuesday, December 10, 2013

30 Day D&D Challenge [Day 5]: My Favorite Set of Dice / Individual Die

My favorite set of dice is a purple-red set with silver numbers. It's newer than some of the others, but it always rolls high and the colors are very me. I don't let anyone else use them, it's the one set I get squirrelly about. And you know how superstitious gamers can be with their dice.

My favorite individual die...now that's a difficult one. They all have their purposes, but give me a minute to show some love to the d12.

12 months in the year. 12 signs of the zodiac. 12 is one of those magic numbers, it's pretty easy to make something symmetrical when there are 12 pieces.

It's more stable than the d20 but just as big and easy to roll and it doesn't hurt as badly when you step on it as the d4 does. At the same time, most people reach for the d20 automatically. And plenty of things use the other dice for damage, but what love does the d12 get?

When it gets to the point of using d12 usually people just go "Roll 2d6" which makes sense mathmatically, but seriously.

Give me some d12.


No comments:

Post a Comment